1 container (946 mL) Natura rice Vanilla* (4 cups)
125 mL (1/2 cup) sugar
1 mL (1/4 tsp.) ground cardamom
2 mL (1/2 tsp.) ground nutmeg
2 mL (1/2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
160 mL (2/3 cup) short grain rice, rinsed
125 mL (1/2 cup) pitted dates, chopped
60 mL (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, roasted
Servings : 4
- In a saucepan, heat Natura with half of sugar and half of spices.
- Add rice and cook in the Natura mixture, stirring often with a wooden spoon until rice is tender (from 30 to 40 minutes on low heat).
- Beat egg with remaining sugar. Temper egg mixture with a small portion of hot Natura and pour entire egg mixture into saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat after mixture thickens.
- Add dates and almonds. Mix well.
- Divide pudding in small bowls or ramekins, sprinkle with remaining spices and let cool.
- Serve lukewarm or at room temperature.
*Natura lite Vanilla can also be used in this recipe. Try this recipe with Natura rice Original.