MOCHA CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM:
4 egg yolks
125 mL (1/2 cup) sugar
60 mL (1/4 cup) flour
625 mL (2 1/2 cups) Natura soy Chocolate
15 mL (1 tbsp.) instant coffee
60 g (2 oz.) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
15 – 30 mL (1-2 tbsp.) sugar
310 mL (1 1/4 cup) flour
310 mL (1 1/4 cup) Natura soy Vanilla*
60 mL (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Servings : 6
- MOCHA CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM: Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy. Sift flour into egg mixture and blend slowly. Add Natura. Pour entire mixture into a pan and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently. Add instant coffee and chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted and coffee has dissolved. Let simmer 1-2 minutes before removing from heat. Beat mixture vigorously to obtain a smooth, creamy texture. Let cool.
- MEANWHILE, PREPARE THE CREPE BATTER: Beat eggs and gradually blend in flour to prevent a lumpy consistency. Add Natura in stages, making sure to stir frequently, followed by vegetable oil and nutmeg.
- When cooking crepes, try to keep them thin and of equal size. Let cool to room temperature.
- ASSEMBLY: Spread some pastry cream on first crepe before covering with second crepe, repeating the layering process until no ingredients remain. Be sure to finish off with a crepe.
- Garnish with fresh fruits and chocolate-covered coffee beans. Refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 15-20 minutes before serving. Cut Mocha Chocolate Crepe Tower as you would a pie or cake.
*Natura light Vanilla can also be used for this recipe. For a recipe lower in fat, do not use oil in crepe batter and cook crepes in a non-stick pan.