1 cup Natura soya or almond unsweetened
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
Servings : 12
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the butter or the shortening using a pastry blender, fork, or your fingertips, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Form a well in center of the flour and pour the Natura in
- When it comes away from the sides without sticking too bad, it’s ready (otherwise, work in a little more flour)
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead about 5-6 times (don’t knead too much or the dough will become tough)
- Roll or pat out to about 1/2” thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 450F for about 8-12 minutes or until light golden
- Serve warm with pâté, cheese or jam