60 mL (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
180 mL (3/4 cup) cranberries, fresh or frozen
180 mL (3/4 cup) strawberries, fresh or frozen
45 mL (3 tbsp.) sugar
375 mL (1 1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
375 mL (1 1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
250 mL (1 cup) rolled oats
15 mL (1 tbsp.) baking powder
7 mL (1 1/2 tsp.) baking soda
160 mL (2/3 cup) brown sugar
60 mL (1/4 cup) pecans, chopped and roasted
500 mL (2 cups) Natura soy Strawberry
80 mL (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
Servings : 12
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Grease and flour a large muffin tin or use individual paper liners.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat and cook strawberries and cranberries until tender. Add sugar to balance the bitterness of cranberries. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients and form a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and gradually add Natura and vegetable oil. Blend in prepared strawberries and cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture is completely blended. Avoid over-mixing.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each mould should be 3/4 full). Cook in centre of oven for 17 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden and bounce back when lightly pressed with fingertips.