3 big eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
2 cups Natura soya original
2 tbsp maple sirup
2 tsp vanilla extract
Portions : 2
- Preheat the oven 350F
- Prepare the caramel (see recipe below). Pour it in ramequins, incline it from one way to another. Don’t bother if the caramel does not cover all the ramequins; it will set out when the hot cream is added.
- In a big bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork. Add sugar and the salt. Mix all up.
- Heat the Natura with the maple syrup in a pan until it’s hot but not bowling. Slowly add the eggs and whip it constantly but lightly (we have to mix all ingredients without mixing them too much to avoid getting air bubbles in the mixture). Add vanilla extract. Pour in the remequins over the caramel.
- Put a towel in the bottom of a big cooking plate. Put the ramequins and add very hot water in the pan at mid height of the ramequins.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the outside of the flans are firm with the inside soft (the flans will get firm as getting cold). Verify if it’s ready with a toothpick or a knife.
- Take out ramequins from the oven and the hot water to stop cooking. Let it sit and put it into the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving. Pass a knife all around the flan, reverse it into a plate and serve it cold.
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp hot water
1 tsp pressed lemon juice
Time of cooking depends on the power of your microwave oven. The syrup is ready when it turns golden brown. Keep on cooking by 10 seconds periods.